Wednesday 16 August 2017

Doll's Houses at the Rijks Museum, Amsterdam

These are a few images I took of doll’s houses when I visited the
 Rijks Museum in Amsterdam this year.  


 Various pieces in this dolls house are marked 1676 which is when it was probably completed.  It was made for a wealthy orphan who lived with her sister in Amsterdam.  It consisted of a peat loft, a linen room, a nursery, a lying-in room, a reception, a cellar, a kitchen and a dining room.



Many thanks for visiting and also for all yyour comments.

4 comments:

  1. They are so intricate and detailed! Hard to believe they were made that long ago, without modern tools. They are every girl's dream! The china cabinet and fancy bed canopy! Wonder what they cost back then? Now, they must be priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I suspect that orphan was envied by many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exquisite dolls house - whenever I see one it takes me straight back to my childhood. Lovely images.

    ReplyDelete